Monday, September 12, 2005

The First Entry

I will explain the title of my blog. See, I read other blogs on the interweb, the internets, whatever the hell you want to call it. And I know that writing about your personal life (i.e. family, partner, friends) can be dangerous to one's personal life and relationships with the aforementioned folks. But I need an outlet to write about this stuff. So I am throwing caution to the wind and I am going to write, write, write about it all!!

So...about me. Well, as you can probably surmise, I am female. I work in software technology. I have parents. I have 2 brothers who are both married with kids. I have a significant other of several years to whom I am technically engaged (more on that as the blog continues). I have some very close friends, who make my life livable. That's enough on me for now.

This is my introduction to the blogger world. I have read others' blogs and LiveJournals for a few years now and never started my own. I love the writing styles of some of the ones I have read and hope to be as witty and interesting as them. But honestly, I am doing this for me. I know, I know....if I am doing it for me, why put it on the internet for everyone to potentially read. Why not just keep a private journal?? Because I love reading blogs, I love peeking into other people's heads for a moment, I love knowing I am not the only one who feels and thinks these ridiculous, irrational, weird things. It helps my sanity. Plus feeling like I have not updated a blog out on the web has more of an incentive attached to it than updating one's personal journal, at least for me. I frequently think of myself last. So I rarely write journal entries at home since who is going to read them except me. I am only doing it for me, so why bother taking that time to write it down when I could just as easily be making dinner, or doing laundry, or even sitting around watching TV. It's just crap I am thinking. So keeping a blog online makes me that much more accountable. Even if nobody reads it.

Off I go into the wild blue yonder of blog-dom. Here's hoping this does not become "The Big Mistake"!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great so far, you keep writin' and I'll keep readin.' How awesome to get to know you even better! BBB!

Anonymous said...

PS: I do hope you are not thinking about lasik. I aked my eye doc about it and he does not recommend it. He is an eye doctor and wears glasses. 'Nuff said.
BBB

Willow said...

The first comment was what is commonly known as "comment spam". I have now taken action to hopefully prevent such things from re-occurring.
P_O_I

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة المثالية للتنظيف
شركة مكافحة حشرات
شركة مكافحة حشرات
شركة مكافحة حشرات