Monday, September 19, 2005

Bone-tired

I was away this weekend having fun with some friends. It was tiring as all get out because it involved staying up very late both Friday and Saturday nights and walking or running around outside for hours on end, either in the hot muggy weather Saturday, or in the rainy chilly weather Friday and Saturday nights. But I had a blast and can't wait to do it again.

I am so tired though. And feeling my age to be sure. I need to try to rebuild some of the strength and stamina I used to have. I am working on it, trying to lose weight presently and when I checked last week, I had dropped 2 pounds from the week before. This is a good thing, especially going into a weekend where I was going to eat anything that I could get my hands on, not anything in sight mind you, just anything that happened to be available when it was available. Eating was not scheduled into my activities, so when I had the chance, I ate what I could and did not pay all that much attention to what it was. There, I think that was clearer. I am not that coherent, having had only 8 hours of sleep between Friday and Sunday, so I think I will keep this brief today. But since I skipped Thursday and Friday, I thought I would stop in to write today.

What was the best part about my weekend? Laughing and having fun without having to check in with anyone or be worried about anything at home. Being able to just let go and have a great time. That is what I love about my weekends away. My friends are my lifeblood and getting away from the everyday doldrums (work, drive, pay bills) is really what fuels me and gives me joy. I wish I could do it more often.

I think I need a nap.

No comments: